PDA

View Full Version : 'pause Glitch'

jere2583
09-06-07, 01:41 PM
How many people have experienced this?

While playing online and winning someone pauses causing your screen to say 'pause' in upper left corner while panning around the stadium. All controls are locked up, the only thing you can do is restart xbox which gives you a LOSS.

After a little searching online I found someone who posted how to do this glitch and called up EA in redwood city CA. They are testing it as I write this. Has this happened to anyone else? If it has call up EA and complain about it 1-650-628-1500. get someone from technical support. This type of crap will ruin the integrity of online play. I dont care if someone is playing cheap and you wish you could do this... like anything else the privilege will be abused by people who are just sore losers, completely ruining the fun of playing Madden 08 online.

-Jere

wzup44
09-06-07, 10:08 PM
im pretty sure everyone on this site has experienced this or at least knows someone who has been paused glitched unfortunately

BabyRuth
09-06-07, 10:10 PM
good job calling, i hope they will find a patch for it but .....

ruthless
09-06-07, 10:30 PM
i was 17-0 an experienced a disc read error while winning 54-14 so they gave me a quit it was 1minute left in the game an i was running out the clock.

dtsoria
09-08-07, 12:32 PM
I had a pause glitch only when entering training mode so it appears that it not just online when it happend=s

towens81
09-08-07, 04:42 PM
for every time someone does this to you you should post their name on here so we can all file cmplaints and get them banned from xbl

daddyjohnnyboy
09-08-07, 04:52 PM
i give you props

wzup44
09-09-07, 12:05 AM
yeah but you're going to have people that post names that they lost to just because they think they got cheated

SmashMouthPlayer
09-09-07, 11:21 AM
I'm going to tell you all once again, THIS GAME FREEZE IS NOT A CHEAT!
This freeze is occurring immediately after an opponent has either #1 QUIT THE GAME or #2 AN OPPONENT HAS REQUESTED A FRIENDLY QUIT OR HAS CONCEDED DEFEAT.

The problem is with EA Sports. It's not a freaking cheating opponent.

R3D S0X FAN 07
09-09-07, 02:18 PM
ive experinced it and took a losss cuz i turned my xbox off. cuz they puaxse glithced me

garage grunge
09-10-07, 02:05 PM
Well i dont know if its cheating or what, but there was the same type of thing last year where they could freeze the game everything locks up on you and you have to quit. Yeah i waited to play ranked games for like 2 weeks to see if there was this kind of glitch, and sure enough my first ranked game pause glitch, I was pissed and sent an email to easupport about it, and they said it would be up to their support team to deem if it was neccessary to make a patch, i would urge everyone to complain to the number he listed or send an email till this crap is fixed.

XtHcX519X
09-10-07, 02:25 PM
This freeze is occurring immediately after an opponent has either #1 QUIT THE GAME or #2 AN OPPONENT HAS REQUESTED A FRIENDLY QUIT OR HAS CONCEDED DEFEAT.

But there are "opponents" who do this every time they are gonna lose, thus making it a cheat. They do it to avoid losses.

LARON 30 LANDRY
09-11-07, 01:37 PM
I Havent Played 08 Relly But They Already Have A Freezz

MonkeyStomp
09-11-07, 04:07 PM

I believe that before I believe someone is doing some kind of code or something and making the game freeze. If you knew anything about computers or servers you'd know that nothing is perfect and shit like that is bound to happen. Think about how many people in the world are accessing EA server at the same time. You really think it won't get ****ed up sometimes. Shit happens man. I got 3 kids and every now and then one of them will pull the plug on the XBOX in the middle of a game. Now I'm labeled a cheater or a quitter? Just get over yourselves and move on to the next game.

DEVODYNAMITE 11
09-11-07, 04:13 PM
Actually...there's a certain way you can do it. If it happens once no big deal, but if some *** keeps doin it, b/c he's a lil ***** and hates to lose and keeps doin it, that's when it becomes a glitch.

wzup44
09-11-07, 09:38 PM
I believe that before I believe someone is doing some kind of code or something and making the game freeze. If you knew anything about computers or servers you'd know that nothing is perfect and shit like that is bound to happen. Think about how many people in the world are accessing EA server at the same time. You really think it won't get ****ed up sometimes. Shit happens man. I got 3 kids and every now and then one of them will pull the plug on the XBOX in the middle of a game. Now I'm labeled a cheater or a quitter? Just get over yourselves and move on to the next game.

nobody is talking about it happening randomly. They're talking about during the fourth quarter when they are about to lose or when they are already losing by like 21 or more

SmashMouthPlayer
09-12-07, 06:41 AM
nobody is talking about it happening randomly. They're talking about during the fourth quarter when they are about to lose or when they are already losing by like 21 or more

You're right, this POSSIBLY means that the opponent has either quit, or is in the process of conceding defeat. It's my belief that the servers communication of "Your opponent has conceded defeat" or "Your opponent has quit the game" is causing the game to freeze.

Just a few days ago I received an opponents request to concede defeat. I accepted his request and then the game froze in pause mode. Nothing on my controller would work, it was locked up. This tends to make me believe that faulty servers are responsible for the pause glitch. I guess we'll all find out for sure some day.

wzup44
09-14-07, 12:46 AM
yeah i hope so, this whole pause glitch thing can get frustrating