PDA

View Full Version : Interceptions

LieDetector
12-21-07, 08:08 AM
I cannot count the number of times during a game that my defense should have caught a ball for an interception. My defensive player will have it perfectly thrown to HIM, and he doesn't come up with the interception. I must admit that since i'm so new to this, I get a bit antsy and just start pressing shit on the controller. (ps2). what controller commands need to be pressed in order for me to increase the amount of successful interceptions for my defense?

aLLuck n0skill
12-21-07, 08:17 AM
are you switching to the defender and pushing and holding the catch button? If you let the computer pick the ball they drop it more often than not.

LieDetector
12-21-07, 08:25 AM
My dumb *** chooses manual control, but then i just get all excited and press shit. I've only been playing Madden for about a week now, and the booklet in the ps2 madden 08 game is worthless. what button(s)/sequence of buttons do I need to press in order to better hand the interception? ... for example, what's the catch button? and i heard somebody mention "squaring" the defender up with the ball?????

tuton11
12-21-07, 01:15 PM
the best way to get picks is to change into the defender and hold strafe and push triangle to intercept the ball this is the best way man try it

Wolverines2008
12-21-07, 11:57 PM
what's the catch button? and i heard somebody mention "squaring" the defender up with the ball?????

The triangle button is catch, for defense and offense. The second part pretty much means you wanna face the ball with the defender when you're about to pick it off.

LieDetector
12-23-07, 05:14 PM
does it make a difference if i just tap the triangle (catch) button or if i actually press and hold it in ?

user pick for 6
12-23-07, 07:21 PM
does it make a difference if i just tap the triangle (catch) button or if i actually press and hold it in ?

I don't think so. I usually hit triangle a million times as well because I too get excited when I got a chance for a user pick lol

VikingsAreRaw
12-23-07, 09:42 PM
nah i dont htink it matters how hard u hit it...but its consisted of how the defender is positioned, like sideways or right to his chest. and the skill of the player, champ will catch easy ones 8/10 times, but a nobody cb, like 4/10 really cuz they just suck lol

but manually is better

xYuNg L3gEnDx
12-24-07, 01:41 AM
nah you cant even complain about this because they happen's to everybody and their moma

neo34432000
12-24-07, 02:21 AM
the best thing i like, is when your user catching or something, and the ball goes right threw your guys head and its picked.. sucks sometimes

alexsotelo21
12-25-07, 02:21 AM
if the ball is lobbed its an easy interception when you manually control your defender , strafe and hold Y... he has an incredible animation that sends him leaping 4 ft in the air for the INT...
if its a bullet pass coming at you , you gotta press Y when the ball arrives otherwise you are gonna drop it...