PDA

View Full Version : How to play Defense.

SnowstormKH
08-23-08, 04:47 PM
Heya guys.

I need some help on how to play some good defense, mostly ala Pass Defense.

I'm having a lot of trouble. I use Cover 2 and Cover 3, but yet i still let them get the ball. I commit to the pass when they pass , and i'm still having a hell of a time to try to stop it.

Some more info: I use the Browns playbooks and play as the Browns.

Thanks for any advice given guys!

UserPick20
08-23-08, 05:28 PM
dont bother, even if you play good D, youre players will just drop the pick every time. im officially giving up on D

gbiese
08-23-08, 05:31 PM
First up, see how many WRs your opponent is lining up with. If its 2, then use either a 4-3 or 3-4 or 46 defence. If he has 3 WRs, then you shud be in Nickel, 4 WRs puts you in Dime and 5 WRs is either Quarter or Dollar defence.

Now you have your packages sorted, you need to decide what play to use, i.e. Zone or Man coverage. I suggest reading up on the advantages and disadvantages of both, thereby enhancing your decison. It also helps to know what types of LBs, CBs and Safetys that your team has, as this will affect how well they play against the run and/ or pass, and how effective they will be in Zone or Man coverage. I tend to mix it up, and play a mix of the two; it keeps your opponent guessing, and minimises your getting "burned" on big plays. As a rule, Zone Blitz plays are good and versatile; if you are positive that your opponent is going to pass, then Cover 2, Cover 3 and even Cover 4 are good. Back off your LBs and pass commit. When the opponent QB throws the ball, press the B button quickly to control the defender nearest the intended receiver. Then its all up to you and your timing; press Y to attempt an Interception or Swat the ball.

I hope that goes some way to helping you....

tbell48
09-16-13, 06:51 AM
how to stop the counter run on madden 25

Jamison
09-16-13, 08:15 AM
how to stop the counter run on madden 25

try a big formation with a cover 2 shell with the corners in flat zones and just prevent them from cutting up inside the Tackle because they shouldnt be able to run outside the tackles with the corners in flat zones.

Militant X 1
09-16-13, 05:38 PM
First up, see how many WRs your opponent is lining up with. If its 2, then use either a 4-3 or 3-4 or 46 defence. If he has 3 WRs, then you shud be in Nickel, 4 WRs puts you in Dime and 5 WRs is either Quarter or Dollar defence.

Now you have your packages sorted, you need to decide what play to use, i.e. Zone or Man coverage. I suggest reading up on the advantages and disadvantages of both, thereby enhancing your decison. It also helps to know what types of LBs, CBs and Safetys that your team has, as this will affect how well they play against the run and/ or pass, and how effective they will be in Zone or Man coverage. I tend to mix it up, and play a mix of the two; it keeps your opponent guessing, and minimises your getting "burned" on big plays. As a rule, Zone Blitz plays are good and versatile; if you are positive that your opponent is going to pass, then Cover 2, Cover 3 and even Cover 4 are good. Back off your LBs and pass commit. When the opponent QB throws the ball, press the B button quickly to control the defender nearest the intended receiver. Then its all up to you and your timing; press Y to attempt an Interception or Swat the ball.

I hope that goes some way to helping you....

great stuff!

~Mili