PDA

View Full Version : "Dissconnected: The connection to your opponent has been lost"

Boom Jewce
10-18-08, 07:59 PM
I have gotten this error very frequently while playing a ranked online match...The only option is to "End Game." And Oddly enough, tthis only happens when I am winning, and late in the game...just my luck , eh?

No losses or wins are recorded, the game is just forgotten.
Someone mentioned it might be my disc?...Is this so? Money is not an issue so if needed I can re-purchase a new disc, but does anyone else get this error /and/or what is the cause?

Unstoppable G24
10-18-08, 08:41 PM
Its either your connection or the guy is dc'in you, but thats highley unlikely. Just try to fix your XBL connection

Boom Jewce
10-18-08, 08:45 PM
Eh...I highly doubt it's my connection,...Don't get me wrong it could be, but are there any other cases of this heard of besides my connection?

LTowN
10-18-08, 08:48 PM
Look either you are getting dc glitched or you are just having bad connection with the ea servers. Just to let you know the ea servers can suck a lot sometimes.

Boom Jewce
10-18-08, 09:02 PM
lol oh trust me I know how EA can get, been playing with them for a long time now ;) Just didn't know if they was a problem occuring often for others.

JBG333
10-18-08, 09:03 PM
It happened to me the other night. I accept a match with a really good opponent thinking just keep it close and dont make stupid mistakes.

So I start shutting down this guys gimmicky offense and run all over his D cause all he played was cover 3.

I'm up 14-0 and get a pick 6 and then... "The connection to your opponent has been lost" (OK)

I've never had a connection problem with any of my games online and this has happened in simmilar situations before, usually when I start dominating. It's never happened when im losing (figures).

Patriothead22
10-18-08, 09:33 PM
There must be a glitch. There are many instances that this has happened to me, and it doesn't seem possible that I could have gotten d/ced by EA servers. There are 2 I remember well.

One time, I was winning the entire game, no lag or anything, and the second the guy scores to go up by one, with me getting the kickoff with about 3 mins left in the 4th, i get d/ced, and he easily was able to defeat the Texans computer.

Another was definitely caused by a glitcher because the guy was going to score and take the lead, but he throws the pick and the second my guy caught the pick, "your connection has been lost", and the only option I had was to end the game.

I received losses for both of them for 'Quitting' and ruined my perfect 0% DNF.

I think there is a disc-eject glitch or something.

DABEAST7194
10-18-08, 09:35 PM
just bad luck maybe ?

JBG333
10-18-08, 09:45 PM
Ive heard disc-eject glitch thrown around before, any one know if theres any validity to that?

Also, The 4 or 5 times i got the "connection lost" message, I did not receive a win or loss and neither did my opponent. Neither of us were allowed/able to finish the game out.

So if you got that message and the other guy was able to finish out then I would tend to believe that is more of an ISP/modem issue rather than a glitch.

Its still not as bad as last year. I'd rather the game not count for either party, than have to quit, take a loss, and see my DNF go up....

sneaky lupe
10-18-08, 10:22 PM
i get this mostly during ranked games that have blizzards for some reason.

Gumpy
10-18-08, 10:37 PM
its EA Servers :disgust

ekud40
10-19-08, 12:36 AM
its a lag in the servers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mVbQbG6LgQ&feature=related

p1mp4real
10-19-08, 10:05 AM
Eh...I highly doubt it's my connection,...Don't get me wrong it could be, but are there any other cases of this heard of besides my connection?

its a glitch bro! happens to me to, never when i'm losing only when i'm winning. i have a very good connection as i have a 0% dnf after 60 games or so. always, the people that do it, will encroach and when the ref is calling the encroachment penalty, all of a sudden i get the U HAVE LOST UR CONNECTION TO UR OPPONENT message. then theres no record whatsoever, of the game. i KNOW its a glitch that thier using, i just cant figure it out. i've had people do it to me then send me a message, rubbing it in

XSHAZAAMX
10-19-08, 10:16 AM
It's probably a d/c glitch but have you tried clearing your cache (if you're on XBOX)

How to:
Go to the system blade and then memory. Press Y on either the HDD or a MU and then press X X Left Bumper Right Bumper X X. Once you do this a blade will pop up saying: This will perform maintenance on your XBPX 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue? Pick yes or no.

Reypoints
10-19-08, 11:14 AM
Yep the EA servers or you got DC'ed. Thats all it is

WesternOutlaw05
10-19-08, 11:40 AM
When there isn't an option to continue playing the game, I don't think it's a glitch. I've had this happen to me twice in ranked games, but neither one counted for or against me. Oddly enough, I've had it happen a lot more frequently in unranked games against my brother, regardless of whether I was winning or losing. As a lot of people have said, it's gotta be the servers.

j fricas21
10-19-08, 11:44 AM
I don't know if is a glitch or what but after the new update everytime i challenge someone and the game is going to start a message comes out and says that it can't read the disc but that only happens with one of my gamertag with the other gamertag im able to play.

dbrasco72
10-19-08, 12:04 PM
I have gotten this error very frequently while playing a ranked online match...The only option is to "End Game." And Oddly enough, tthis only happens when I am winning, and late in the game...just my luck , eh?

No losses or wins are recorded, the game is just forgotten.
Someone mentioned it might be my disc?...Is this so? Money is not an issue so if needed I can re-purchase a new disc, but does anyone else get this error /and/or what is the cause?
you get the loss, even if you are tied or winning. has happened to me while i'm up 21 pts, and also 3-3 in 1st quarter:truestory

Boom Jewce
10-19-08, 12:17 PM
^^^^^
Correct...

If you look at just my past 10 games played, 3 of them are Dissconnections with a score of 0-0, or 21-0, etc